Research Fellow, Secure Embedded Systems
Application closing date: 27/06/2022
- Research Assistant - £28,756 to £33,309 per annum.
- Research Fellow - £34,304 to £36,382 per annum.
Job category/type: Research
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow or Research Assistant.
The successful candidate will play a key role within QUB’s strategic Centre for Secure Information Technology (CSIT) and engage in challenging cyber security related research projects with national and international academic and industrial partners. The postholder will contribute to CSIT’s research as part of the UK’s national Research Institute in Trustworthy Inter-connected Cyber-physical Systems (RITICS), to prototype new network technologies for secure communications in embedded Industrial IoT devices and contribute to a major €5M European Union (H2020-ICT-2018-20) collaborative project between leading European universities and world class industrial partners to enhance safety, security and reliability of next-generation autonomous & distributed real-time embedded systems. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to participate with the industrial partners, such as BMW, German Space Agency (DLR), Vector Informatik GmbH and FentISS, in the development of Proof-of-Concept demonstrators.
This is a fixed term contrract available until 31 December 2023. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
Research Assistant (AC1):
- 2:1 Honours degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) / Computer Science (CS) / Mathematics (or related discipline).
- At least 1 years’ demonstrable experience of:
- Software development skills at the systems or embedded level (preferably in C/C++/Python).
- Experience of IoT device or industrial control (SCADA) security, network security or embedded system security.
Research Fellow (AC2):
(in addition to the above)
- Have, or be about to obtain, a PhD degree in EEE / CS / cyber security.
- At least 3 years’ experience of:
- Embedded systems, IoT, industrial control, cyber security, risk analysis and threat modelling preferably of embedded systems.
- Experience of risk assessment (DREAD), threat modelling (STRIDE, PASTA), attack models (MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain) and related frameworks.
- Experience in product development lifecycle and secure development practices.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries to: Kammy Fong - email@example.com