Research Scientist in Atmospheric Modeling / Remote Sensing
4 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidate will conduct R&D in atmospheric transport/dispersion modelling and will be expected to participate actively in additional satellite remote sensing technology development and application projects. CRISP atmospheric modeling group seeks to further develop and evaluate the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model coupled with chemistry (WRF-Chem) and/or the Community Multi-scale Air Quality (CMAQ) modelling system for the modelling of transport and evolution of aerosols and other pollutants across the South-East Asia region.
- A recent Ph.D. in atmospheric sciences/physics or a closely related discipline from a reputable university.
- Excellent working knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and the physics of the lower boundary. Additional knowledge of radiative transfer and aerosol physics will be an advantage.
- Substantial experience in the development of numerical schemes to represent the physics and chemistry of aerosol processes in large-scale atmospheric models. Experience with WRF-Chem and/or CMAQ or similar models will be of a distinctive advantage.
- Fluency in Fortran 77/90 including writing, debugging, and optimizing code in a UNIX/Linux environment. Familiarity with IDL/MatLab/Python and the message passing interface (MPI) on distributed memory machines would be a plus.
- The ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work towards both scientific and operationally oriented goals.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: CRISP, Block S17 Level 2, 10 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119076.
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Centre for Remote Imaging, Sensing and Processing (CRISP)
Job requisition ID : 53017344