Research Fellow, Head and Neck Cancer Lab
The Head and Neck Cancer Genomics Laboratory (Principal Investigator: Dr Joshua Tay, MBBS, PhD) at the National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a postdoctoral research fellow / research scientist. The successful candidate will be involved in the identification of molecular targets in head and neck cancers through novel state-of-the-art genomic techniques, as well as the translation of these findings into therapeutic strategies. The lab relies on cutting-edge genomic experiments and bioinformatic analysis to identify biological targets for clinical care. The successful candidate will work closely with the PI to validate molecular targets in-vitro and in-vivo, and will be supported by research assistants and clinical coordinators in a closely-knit lab.
- PhD in Biosciences related discipline (e.g. cancer biology, genetics, computational biology, etc.)
- Driven, motivated and excited about new scientific discoveries.
- Careful, meticulous and keeps clear records.
- Strong writing ability.
- Experience with in-vitro (molecular cloning) and in-vivo cancer models will be a plus.
- Genomic experience is preferred but not a requirement. On-the-job training and guidance will be provided in the area of genomics and bioinformatics.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No