Research Assistant / Research Associate (N2CR, NUS)
6 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Assistant / Research Associate to assist and provide support in several research projects utilising patient-derived organoids (PDO) in the Tissue Specific Carcinogenesis Theme in N2CR
Duties And Responsibilities
- to carry out assigned experiments
- to organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner
- to properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results
- to analyse and plan further experiments under guidance
- to assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required
- to plan and ensure the needs and requirements of the team in terms of consumables
- to ensure that the lab is adequately stocked with clean glassware, minor equipment, chemicals, etc. required for experiments
- responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment through regular checks
- required to assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments
- to ensure that standard operating procedures and safety regulations are followed
- responsible for the general cleanliness of the lab
c) Administrative duties:
- to plan and ensure that the overall lab administrative needs of the PDO team are met
- to assist the Principal Investigator in tracking his/her grants and other sources of funding
- responsible for purchasing necessary equipment, chemicals, reagents as required for PDO research
- maintain a systematic and proper record of all purchases
- liaising between the vendors and the administrative office to ensure proper purchase requisitions, goods delivery and prompt payment of supplies
d) Any other duties as required
- Applicants should possess a BSc or MSc in biomedical science, life science, biochemistry, biotechnology, immunology or equivalent from a well-recognized university.
- Prior experience, knowledge and expertise in mammalian cell culture, cell biology, microscopy, molecular biology, immunology, histology, flow cytometry, biochemistry, statistics and/or bioinformatics.
- Experience handling human clinical specimens is highly desirable.
- Proficient in computer software and peripherals, including Microsoft Office and Prism.
- Self-driven, independent, team player, meticulous and have a keen eye for details.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques, tackle both new and routine duties, meticulous, good organisational and management skills.
- Able to work well in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic work activities in a fast-changing environment and project priorities / timelines.
- Able to multitask and occasionally work at flexible hours when performing time-sensitive experiments.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Strong passion and commitment to biomedical research in cancer immunology and cancer therapeutics.
- Willing to perform administrative duties.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.