Senior / Research Associate, Executive / Senior Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior/Research Associate with demonstrable expertise in data mining and machine learning to join the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC). This is a 1-year position, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
TLC promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of Faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching & learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
As Senior/Research Associate, you will participate/co-lead in research projects on data mining and analytics. These include mining students' feedback and discussions, and developing and implementing learning analytic tools to augment the quality of teaching and learning within SUSS.
- Qualifications/experience relevant to data analytics/science.
- Experience in data mining and machine learning using suitable programming languages e.g., R, Python, IBM SPSS Modeler.
- Familiar with NLP algorithms, topic modelling, text classification, sentiment analysis, and other deep learning models.
- Familiar with data visualization tools, e.g., Microsoft Power BI.
- A resourceful team player and leader with a lot of initiative and an ability to work independently.
- Experience in managing a research project.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.