Research Analyst, South Asia
Established in 2004, the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS) is an autonomous research institute at the National University of Singapore. It is dedicated to research on contemporary South Asia. The Institute seeks to promote understanding of this vital region of the world and to communicate knowledge and insights about it to policymakers, the business community, academia, and civil society, in Singapore and beyond.
We are looking to appoint two Research Assistants as part of our research and administrative teams.
The candidates’ research focus should be on one or more of the following areas relating to South Asia:
- Politics, Society and Governance
- International Relations and Multilateralism
- Trade and Economics
- New Technologies
- Sustainability and the Environment
- South Asian Diaspora
- Successfully completed their Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Relations or South Asian Studies.
- Have a strong theoretical and empirical grounding in the areas of South Asian politics and development.
- Preferably have copyediting and proofreading experience, technical expertise and creative abilities to manage a diverse range of publications.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letter, detailed resume, and a written paper/article (preferably in relation to South Asia) in a PDF attachment.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.