PhD Position (2)
- UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA
- Vienna (Landbezirke) (AT)
- € 2,300.30 per month
- 08 Jun 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
VDS MES 4TH CALL SPRING 2022
The Doctoral School in Microbiology and Environmental Sciences of the University of Vienna offers 2 fully funded PhD positions in diverse research areas ranging from molecular microbiology, ecology, and computational biology to environmental geosciences. Our focus is to provide young scientists with a stimulating environment that promotes the development and advancement of essential skills for a prosperous academic career.
Would you like to:
- Join a dynamic and international research environment?
- Have access to unique high-level infrastructure and instrumentation?
- Receive interdisciplinary training at the interface of microbiology, ecology, and environmental geosciences from internationally well recognized scientists?
- Benefit from career coaching and early international networking?
- Live in Vienna, a city that is continuously ranked among the top cities in the world for quality of life?
Regardless whether you are interested in studying molecular and biochemical mechanisms, single cells, microbial communities or ecosystems and biochemical processes, our faculty provides the ideal framework for your PhD project with the combined expertise of 18 researchers at the assistant, associate and full professor level.
Application is open May 15 - June 15, 2022.
We are looking forward to receiving convincing applications of dedicated and enthusiastic students! All students with a master’s degree, or equivalent degree, in life sciences, environmental science, chemistry, geoscience, bioinformatics or any other area which is related to the research topics of our faculty members, are encouraged to apply. We offer internationally competitive salaries and full health benefits. Please note that C1 English skills are a requirement for all positions announced in our call.
Positions are available in the following fields of research:
- Computational microbiome research (1 position)
- Soil ecology (1 position)
Please refer to our website for a list of required documents and detailed information on how to apply.
The admission procedure includes:
- Evaluation of the written application by scholarly and scientific criteria by a panel of faculty members.
- Initial online interviews between selected applicants and faculty members (match-making step).
- Invitation of selected applicants for online panel interviews, including two 15-minute (chalk-talk) presentations by applicants on their master’s thesis and a scientific paper selected by the faculty panel, respectively.
We are aiming to complete the recruitment process until mid July 2022 at the latest.
For any further questions about the application procedure, please contact email@example.com.
Research projects of successful applicants are funded for a period of up to four years, according to the Austrian Science Fund standard salary for PhD students (€ 2,300.30 gross salary per month in 2022).