Assistant Professor for the Department of Psychology
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF PEDAGOGY of Masaryk University in Brno announces, following Section 77 of Act No. 111/98 Coll., an open competition for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR with a focus on teaching the introductional psychology courses
Workplace: Department of Psychology
University/Faculty: Masaryk University/Faculty of Education
Level of employment: part-time (0.5), i.e. 20 h/week
Position category: R2
Start date: 1st September 2022
Number of open positions: 1
Closing date for applications: 7. 7. 2022
The Department of Psychology is a teaching and research facility of the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University. Provides teaching of psychological courses in all accredited study programs of the faculty. It is mainly the professional training of teachers. The department also responds to the demand for pedagogical practice by offering two comprehensive lifelong learning programs, Study for Educational Counselors and Study for the School Preventists, as well as other short-term courses.
The Department of Social Pedagogy focuses on research and teaching social pedagogical topics. These are observed from various perspectives based on theoretical knowledge from multiple fields. Department is responsible for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral studies in Social Pedagogy and Leisure Education. In addition, it guarantees several programs within the framework of Life long learning (specifically: Teaching Assistant, Leisure Educator, Education). Thanks to the connection of theoretical knowledge and close contact with practice, its graduates find employment in a wider professional spectrum; for example, as social educators in schools, leisure educators, social workers, educators in kindergartens, guides in forest kindergartens, workers in a nonprofit organization, in the commercial sphere (human resources), etc.
The Assistant Professor will perform activities related to the pedagogical and professional aspects of the academic profession:
- Participates in the teaching of undergraduate psychology courses focused on the following areas: introduction to psychology, social psychology, pedagogical and school psychology, developmental psychology and basics of educational research,
- leads opposes and consults bachelor and master theses of the faculty students,
- participates in the mobility activities of the department (Erasmus contracts),
- conducts own research or participates in research and professional projects of colleagues at the department; this activity results in professional publications (articles in indexed professional journals, chapters in professional books published by recognised professional publishers, and others) and participation in professional local and international forums (conferences and seminars).
- The assistant professor may also be a member of committees, guarantees selected courses, and prepares to meet the requirements for habilitation.
Professional education, qualifications and experience: (required)
- master degree (Mgr., M. A.) in psychology,
- Ph.D. degree in the psychology field,
- Ability to teach in the Czech language (minimum level C1 or native speaker),
- active knowledge of English (minimum level B2),
- potential for national and international professional/research activities, as demonstrated by a list of publications and professional activities,
- experience of teaching at a university (advantage),
- experience of teaching in primary school, secondary school, or higher education (advantage).
Other Knowledge and Skills: (required)
- PC proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook); secure data, information, and digital content management; ability to collaborate through digital technologies (MS Teams, ZOOM, and others),
- independent research skills (knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodology and user knowledge of the software),
- experience in crisis intervention (advantage)
- flexibility and willingness to contribute to the development of quality undergraduate student training,
- good organizational and communication skills; independence, responsibility, ability to come up with own research and pedagogical projects and innovations in teaching.
- eight weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, pension contribution,
- meals in MU canteens,
- possibility to use sports facilities in Brno,
- Employment in a prestigious institution awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award,
- combining science with teaching activities,
- a well-equipped working environment in a well accessible location in Brno.
Education and development
- Career development and growth, the possibility of being assigned a mentor on entry,
- education, language and other courses provided by MU, use of MUNI libraries,
- possibility to take advantage of foreign stays and internships, participation in conferences.
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply via the online application link to July 7, 2022 and submit the required documents:
- Structured CV in PDF format (min. 1 A4)
- Copy of diploma from the highest level of education (without notarial certificate)
- A structured list of publications and professional activities (participation in conferences, research and others)
After the e-application deadline, you will receive information about the next steps.
Submitting the required documents when sending the e-application
In case of failure to provide the copies via the e-application, the applicant will be at most once asked to provide them by a specific date. If he/she fails to submit the materials by that date, he/she will not be admitted to the next round of the selection process, which is the interview.
Selection process and selection criteria
- submission of all required documents in the e-application,
- knowledge of the Czech language in both written and verbal form,
- the candidate's profile compliance with the requirements for the position.
At that Faculty of Education, Masaryk University, we promote equal access; every applicant has a chance to get a job regardless of age, gender, social or other disadvantages. Selection procedures are conducted following the University Selection Procedure Regulations.
Information about the faculty
The Faculty of Education, recipient of the prestigious international HR Excellence in Research Award, is a faculty with a relevant research focus based on interdisciplinarity linking teaching, scientific research and social engagement in academia. It develops HR strategy, supports career development, reconciliation of work and personal life of employed persons and provides a diverse range of benefits.