Research Fellow, Dept of Microbiology
Description: Inviting applications for a full-time Research Fellow position (Postdoctoral Fellowship) in the laboratory of Assistant Professor John Chen at the National University of Singapore. The Chen Lab is located in the Department of Microbiology at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The successful candidate will join a research program that studies the molecular basis of Staphylococcus aureus pathogenesis. The current interests of the lab are focused on bacteriophages, pathogenicity islands, and other mobile genetic elements.
- Lead semi-independent to independent research projects.
- Assist with the mentorship of undergraduates and graduate students.
- Provide detailed and coherent documentation of research results.
- Provide regular reports on research results.
- Participate in manuscript preparation.
- PhD degree in Microbiology or Life Sciences.
- Strong graduate publication record.
- Expertise in molecular biology.
- Expertise in bacteriology.
- Expertise in microbial genetics.
- Must be able to communicate well in English.
- Expertise in phage biology.
- Expertise in protein work.
- Expertise in bioinformatics.
- Expertise in host-pathogen interactions.
- Expertise in cell biology (cell culture).
- Expertise in animal work (mouse experimentation).
Interested candidates please submit a detailed curriculum vitae and the contact information of 3 references.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Microbiology And Immunology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14482