Research Assistant, Grab-NUS AI Lab
The Research Assistant will be responsible for data extraction, data standardization and integration, implementations for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world datasets from transportation and e-payment domains;
- Design and write robust, readable, and reusable code components and applications to implement state-of-the-art research outcomes in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data, with a focus on computer vision, NLP, and AI explainability;
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/Perl/R. Mastery of programming languages such as C/C++/Java, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Fluent in English and good team-player.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.