Programme Officer, Taught Postgraduate Programmes Office, Faculty of Business
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional education for the wider society. Applications are now invited for the following post:
Programme Officer, Taught Postgraduate Programmes Office
Faculty of Business
(Post Ref.: 22/25)
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) programme is offered by the Department of Accountancy and managed by the Taught Postgraduate Programmes Office of the Faculty of Business. The MAcc programme is designed primarily for individuals who intend to work in the field of accountancy or a related field. The MAcc programme equips its graduates with an up-to-date, broad knowledge of most recent developments in accounting theory and practice from global and local perspective.
The MAcc programme is currently seeking a high caliber individual to join the programme team. The appointee is expected to take up a wide range of administrative duties to the operation of this self-financed programme of the Faculty of Business.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to courses/seminars delivery, and other tasks pertaining to course operations
- Assisting in admission and registration processes
- Assisting in programme promotion related activities
- Coordinating visa applications
- Coordinating administrative processes for course arrangement, examinations, course evaluations, surveys, student activities, and events
- Handling purchase, reimbursement, payments, and other financial matters
- Liaising with internal and external parties
- Handling quality assurance related matters such as duties related to various committees
- Preparing annual programme report and other required reports as well as data reporting to various units of the university
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Occasional travel to the Mainland or other countries, and work outside normal office hours (include weekends) may be required
- A recognized Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of relevant experience, preferably in the tertiary education sector
- A good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- A high level of competence in computer literacy
- A positive work attitude, a good team spirit with a strong sense of responsibility
- The initiative and analytical ability to carry out duties independently and efficiently with minimum supervision
Salary and Benefits
The commencing salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund, and gratuity.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.