Learning Support and Pastoral Care Tutor
Job title: Learning Support and Pastoral Care Tutor, Full Time, 24 Months Fixed Term
Job reference: 0000016144
Date posted: 03/06/2022
Application closing date: 03/07/2022
Salary: Grade 5- £38,587 per annum, pro-rata
Package: Excellent Benefits Package
Contractual hours: 35
Basis: Full Time
The Business School at Edinburgh Napier University is looking to employee a full-time tutor on fixed term basis for 24 months.
Edinburgh Napier Business School is one of the largest modern Business Schools, in the number one Modern University in Scotland, with a strong academic reputation in undergraduate, postgraduate, executive education and business research. The school is focused on the delivery of a portfolio of programmes, which reflect the needs of students and places greater emphasis on practical experiences and the application of learning.
Our phenomenal results from the Research Excellence Framework (2021) are testament to our growing strength and capability as a research institution. These results, alongside our consistently positive National Student Survey results and sustained high levels of graduate employability, demonstrate the increasing impact of Edinburgh Napier's collective work, quality and commitment.
To learn more about our Business School, watch this short video.
The focus of this role is to act as both learning support and pastoral care tutor across our large BA (Hons) Business Management suite and to liaise with the internal programme team and wider support services and networks. Specific tasks involved with carrying out this role will include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and respond to students needs
- Use listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning students and provide support
- Appreciate the needs of individual students and their circumstances
- Act as personal development tutor (PDT) for students, giving first line support
- Collaborate with academic colleagues on course development and curriculum changes
- Attend and contribute to subject group meetings
- Refer students as appropriate to services providing further help
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration
- Join external networks to share information and ideas.
You must have:
- A Master's degree or professional qualification in a relevant business discipline
- Experience of supporting postgraduate students in a face-to-face learning environment
- Ability to communicate accurately with a high standard of written and oral English
- Respond and guide the students sensitively with different needs and backgrounds
To view the full role profile please click here.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 5: £ 38,587 per annum, pro-rata
Further information about our benefits can be found here.
Application Closing: 3rd July 2022
For general queries please contact email@example.com
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. For information see here.