Research Associate, Data Insights
- Be valued for your strong data analysis skills
- Located on the Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term until December 2023 with a base salary of $72K p.a., plus leave loading and 9.5% employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Do you have a Data Science background grounded in R and Salesforce technical expertise? If so, the role of
Research Associate (Data Insights) at the US Studies Centre, University of Sydney, may be of interest to you.
We are looking for a self-motivated data expert who can help our research work by providing compelling data analysis and insights to inform our work focused primarily in three areas that include Foreign Policy and Defence, Trade and Investment, Emerging Technology, and Politics, Society and Culture.
This is a great opportunity to flex your superb organisational skills, "can do" approach, ability to adapt to a variety of working styles and use your technical expertise in R and Salesforce architecture.
The Centre values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Research Associate (Data Insights) who demonstrates:
- a degree or major in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline
- an ability to work with complex data in R (tidyverse)
- experience using Salesforce data tools (e.g. Data Loader, Excel Connector, Demand Tools) or willingness to learn
- an ability to interpret and then write clearly and succinctly about key data insights
- experience with developing computer graphics applications including mobile-friendly graphs
- experience using GitHub to maintain a central codebase
- an ability to work with APIs and open source software ecosystems
- excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and adapt to competing demands, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to engage effectively with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- an ability to work as part of a team of people, to provide consistent, timely and high-quality administrative support services
- an understanding of broad issues pertinent to the Australia-US alliance.
The United States Studies Centre is a leading research institute, shaping policy, debate and ideas by deepening understanding of, and strengthening Australia's relationship with, the United States. With the arrival of a new CEO and a new Operational Plan for 2022, the Centre's strategic goal is to tackle key national interest questions, provide innovative policy ideas, and be a timely and indispensable voice in the public policy debate on the Indo-Pacific.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job's listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:59 pm, Monday 6th July 2022
The Centre is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.