Research Engineer, Machine Learning and Operations Research
1 day left
- Full Time
- Construct mathematical models for various resource allocation problems.
- Design, empirically evaluate, and theoretically analyze online algorithm for resource allocation problems under model uncertainty.
- Conduct literature research and extract relevant works to proposed model.
- Cleaning real-life datasets, and explore the possibility of evaluating the proposed algorithms with these cleaned datasets.
- Potentially involved in industrial projects relating to the proposed models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency with Python or similar programming language.
- Well versed in optimization and applied probability.
- Keen interest in conduct research on Machine Learning / Operations Research.
- Proficiency in scientific writing.
- Capability to communicate clearly and succinctly
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering and Management
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
Job requisition ID : 14530