Research Assistant (Department of The Built Environment) 1
7 days left
- Full Time
Duties and responsibilities
“Centre of 5G Digital Building Technology” at College of Design and Engineering, National University of Singapore, is now seeking active and experienced Researchers. The successful candidates will contribute to the planning, coordinating, and executing of a research program related to 3T Framework for Mitigating Challenges and Enhancing Digital Twin Implementation over 5G network for Smart Facilities Management in Singapore. The successful applicants will perform academic development work as well as lab practical work together with the other research staff/students under the guidance of the PI.
While a research assistant is expected to contribute in many ways to the research project, typical responsibilities include the following (not inclusive):
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare interview questions
- Recruit and/or interview subjects
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews
- Conduct necessary laboratory work
- Develop appropriate frameworks, proof of concept, tools as required during the project.
- Attend project meetings
- Attend/prepare for area seminars and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Proficient in BIM software such as ArchiCAD, Revit, grasshopper etc.
- Proficient in handling statistical software and conducting data analysis.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Project and Facilities Management or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Beginner’s programming language experience such as python, R, C# etc. is desirable
- Strong English in written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently and deliver high-quality work products with minimal supervision.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12509