Research Fellow, Diagnosis of Power Electronic Converters
1 day left
- Full Time
NUS is looking for a Research Fellow to work on Fault Detection and Diagnosis of Power electronic converters with special focus on current based monitoring. The job requires the candidate to test the developed fault detection algorithm in lab. environment and later work towards converting the tested algorithm into translational research
- Possess a recognised PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with specialisation in Power converters.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary research team.
- Able to work independently by conducting experiments alone or in teams when required
- Assist in drafting research proposals and help managing the research funds and deliverables.
- Familiar with working of various power electronic converters.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art simulation platforms such as MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM and PLECS.
- Familiar with park vector based and other current based condition monitoring techniques for converters.
- Familiar with multi-objective optimal design of power converters, and PCB design tools such as Altium designer or equivalent.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects with teams, governmental agencies and collaborators with respect to the research.
- Able to draft research proposals, assist the PI in applying for research grants, and manage the research funds.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14488