Research Engineer, Centre for Maritime Studies
6 days left
- Full Time
- Design and develop codes that meets requirements for the simulation model of a warehouse system.
- Create GUI and integrate with simulation model.
- Write automated tests and perform code reviews to ensure the smooth running of the software.
- Generate and maintain documentation as needed.
- You have the opportunity to enrol in part-time NUS graduate programmes at subsidised fees subjected to course entry requirements and eligibility
- Possess a Bachelor degree in industrial systems engineering, modelling, simulation, computing, systems engineering, or other related research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of innovation ecosystem
- Relevant research experience is preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, XML.
- Knowledge on Python packages such as PyQt, pandas, numpy.
- Understanding of basic systems design.Able to work independently and as part of a team
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.