Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Biomedical Engineering
Open Rank Faculty, Biomedical Engineering
Open Rank Faculty - Biomedical Engineering
The BME Department houses state of the art electro physiology, human movement, cell culture, tissue engineering, molecular biology, and genetics laboratories as well as a zebra fish laboratory in the UAE. The Department has a vibrant team of internationally experienced faculty who have been very successful in attracting research funding over a number of years.
Detailed information can be found at: https://www.ku.ac.ae/academics/college-of-engineering/department/department-of-biomedical-engineering#about
The Department invites applications for faculty positions in all ranks, and while exceptional candidates in any discipline relevant to Biomedical Engineering are sought, particular emphasis is for candidates with background in one or more of the following areas: Biomechanics (Musculoskeletalor Tissue), Biomaterials, Human Movement Analysis, Biorobotics, Bionics and Neuroengineering, Neurophysiology, Medical Imaging, Computational Modeling in Biomedical Systems, Computational Neuroscience, Affective Computing, Active and Healthy Ageing, Advance Biosignal Processing, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Health, IoT-Wearable Biomedical Sensors, or closely related areas of Biomedical Engineering. It shoud be noted that the highest priority is placed at the specific areas of Medical Imaging using AI/ML, IoT-Wearable Biomedical Sensors, Biorobotics and Human Movement Analysis. The candidate is expected to have a strong research potential, demonstrated by relevant publications in high-impact journals, and teaching experience in the above-mentioned areas. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Successful candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain active research programs that lead to peer-reviewed publications in high-impact professional journals, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession. Successful candidates are also expected to be involved in thematic research within one or more of the University’s research priority areas.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate in related discipline from an accredited institution is required. Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Assistant Professor - Minimum of 3 years experience relevant to the position and proven research potential.
- Associate Professor -Minimum of 8 years teaching experience or postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor -Minimum of 10 years teaching and postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate Professor and have demonstrated high standards in teaching, advising, and research.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates