Cybersecurity Researcher, Position for People from Ukraine
Department: Computer Security Incident Response Team - CSIRT-MU – Institute of Computer Science
Deadline: 30 Jun 2022
Start date: upon agreement
Job type: full-time | part-time
Job field: IS/IT: Development of applications and systems | Science and research
CSIRT-MU offers a research-oriented position for academics from Ukraine whose focus is on cybersecurity. Namely in the areas of network traffic monitoring and analysis, network security and intrusion detection, cybersecurity situational awareness.
It is a fixed-term contract with the possibility to prolongation (through R&D projects).
With us, You can work on:
- Current R&D projects of CSIRT-MU.
- Writing R&D project proposals.
- Your own research topic if it is related to the areas mentioned above.
- Supervision or co-supervision of master’s students, or participate in teaching courses provided by CSIRT-MU members.
Details will be settled upon further discussion.
What we expect from You:
- Ph.D. in computer science, with focus on cybersecurity, networking, or related areas
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas mentioned above
- Experience with collaborative projects with industry or R&D project leadership is an advantage
- Spoken and written english proficiency C1 (certificate not needed)
- Ability to produce independent scientific work and lead other junior researchers.
- Permanent residence in Ukraine within the past 3 months (this position is meant for academics from Ukraine affected by the ongoing war).
We offer you:
- A workplace at the Masaryk University, and all the benefits that come with it.
- Facilities of the Institute of Computer Science, a proud recipient of the HR Excellence in Research Award presented by the European commission.
- Resources of CSIRT-MU, the first certified cybersecurity team in the Czech republic
- Full or part-time employment. Monthly wage between 40 000 and 50 000 CZK (full-time) depending on your current level of experience and field of work.
- Other work benefits including monthly team-builidng activities, 6 weeks of vacation, meal allowance.
- Career growth to depending on your prior experience and area of expertise, as discussed during the official job interviews.
Does this offer sound interesting? Send us your CV and contribute to cutting edge cybersecurity research!