School / Department Administration Assistant, Faculty of Arts
- Salary Package: HEW Level 4, ($69,152 – $74,531 p.a or pro-rata for part-time), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Continuing, Full-Time / Part-Time positions available
- Locations: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
- Flexible work arrangements may be considered, including flexible work schedules, start and finish times, and/or work from home arrangements
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Administration Assistant/s to provide general administrative support for Schools and Departments within the Faculty of Arts.
Reporting to the School/Department Operations Manager, the Administration Assistant is responsible for providing support for the operational implementation of programs, services and administration.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly driven, dynamic and agile Administration Assistants with administrative, financial, HR and event support activities to further their career within a collaborative, diverse and rewarding work environment.
- Provide local administrative support to staff for all School / Department operations, including facilities management, office and IT equipment and website enquiries.
- Provide administrative support, including diary management, logistics, room bookings, travel, material preparation and/or other administrative activities.
- Undertake transactional administrative activities across the full scope of school/department functions.
- Coordinate and participate in School / Department committees including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, minutes, and any follow up actions as required.
- Organise on and off-site meetings including arranging all bookings, catering, transport and appropriate resourcing.
- Respond to, or appropriately escalate, queries about the faculty and department and its activities.
- Support the onboarding of new staff, HDR students, honorary academic appointees, visitors and volunteers to the School / Department in accordance with WHS and other University requirements.
- Provide event coordination and administration support for School / Department level events.
- Provide administrative support and work with relevant stakeholders to update and maintain websites as required.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of improvements to administrative systems, processes and procedures as required.
- Comply with relevant professional standards and codes of ethics and EEO and WHS regulations.
- Perform any other duties as required and appropriate for this classification.
To succeed in this position, the right candidate will be passionate about delivering administrative excellence and take pride in their innovative and collaborative approach to operational delivery. With strong organisational acumen, you will have a proven track record excellent time management and process delivery and administrative experience.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation in 1964, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we've grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Qualification or relevant qualification and/ or equivalent experience;
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office and a range of database management systems and applications;
- Time management and organisational skills;
- Experience in providing general and personal assistant administration in a complex environment, preferably in higher education;
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple activities with minimal supervision while delivering to tight timeframes;
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with other teams;
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality service to customers;
- Working with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Outline your Appointment type preference (Full-Time or Part-Time with preferred hours per week). Note, Full-Time is 35 hours per week across 5 working days
Specific Role Enquiries:
Head of Faculty Operations, Felicity Hopkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
General role enquiries:
HR Officer, Emma Todd, email@example.com
Monday, 13 June 2022, at 11:59 pm (AEST)
Given the impact of the Australian Government's COVID-19 border restrictions and visa processing delays, applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights may be prioritised at this point in time.
Equity & Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University's values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply. Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.