Head of Division Accounting, Finance and Law
School of Business and Creative Industries
Head of Division Accounting, Finance and Law
SS1: £63,668 - £73,782 per annum
Full time, Permanent
THE POST – Head of Division Accounting, Finance and Law
The School of Business and Creative Industries are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Accounting, Finance and Law Division as Head of Division. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
In this crucial senior management role, you will provide academic leadership and management in the development and delivery of innovative, successful undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes and in the efficient expansion of leading-edge research and knowledge exchange. You will plan, manage and lead the development of academic activity and quality in teaching, research, subject development, knowledge exchange and internationalisation. You will play the lead role in the allocation and management of workload and resource planning, developing and reviewing the performance of academic staff, uphold the values of Athena SWAN and undertake responsibilities and duties as agreed with the Deputy Dean of the School.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- First degree in a discipline relevant to the subject area and/or ideally be qualified to doctoral level or equivalent professional qualification/experience/ creative practice
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Higher Education Fellowship
- Significant experience and knowledge of quality assurance and quality enhancement systems
- An inclusive curriculum development approach that demonstrates equality as well as sharing of good practice
- Demonstrate experience in successfully managing people and process either in a line or staff management capacity
- Exhibit heightened skills in effective planning, organising and problem solving with excellent liaison, networking, influencing and communication skills
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Business & Creative Industries at UWS is a vibrant community, delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating team, where you will be part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Students benefit from our strong links with industry, and the world-class research that underpins our courses, delivered on each of our five campuses and through many partners across the globe. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Lorraine Quinn, Interim Deputy Dean, by email at Lorraine.Quinn@uws.ac.uk
Further information, including details of how to apply, is available at at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: 3 July 2022
Interview Dates: 26 and 27 July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.