Research Engineer, Biomedical Technologies and Applications
We are seeking to hire a Research Engineer to assist in the followings:
- Perform laboratory management and contribute to one or more of our interdisciplinary research activities in the areas of medical diagnostics, wearable sensors, organ-on-chip, microbiome or synthetic biology.
- Assist with managerial and administrative support such as procurement, maintenance of lab inventory and lab safety.
- Assist in laboratory research experiments, analysis of data and writing of reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator and Laboratory Manager.
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s / Masters degree in chemistry, biology, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology or its equivalent.
- Preferably have experience in materials, biological or microfluidics research, microfabrication, cell and bacteria culture or microscopy usage.
- A highly motivated, organized and responsible individual who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Interested candidates should
- Apply through the NUS career site and
- a copy to of CV, cover letter describing experience and research interests and the names and email addresses of four references to Professor Chwee Teck (C.T.) Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more info, please visit Prof Lim’s Laboratory at https://www.ctlimlab.org.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14542