Research Assistant, Satellite Command and Data Handling
The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Satellite Command and Data Handling. The position involves strong interaction with the National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC). The research assistant should be knowledgeable in the area of Embedded Systems. The candidate should be able to conduct independent research on topics related to Spacecraft Command and Data Handling, build embedded hardware and software, conduct quantitative analysis of on-board data handling systems for small satellites. The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in the both fields of space systems and embedded systems.
- B.Sc. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a relevant field
- Skilled in embedded systems
- Ability to design hardware and real-time software for critical embedded systems.
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- M.Sc. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a relevant field
- Experience with STM32 processors and its software tools.
- Experience with space systems and its requirements
- Development and digital design with FPGAs.
- Understanding and expiring with Real-Time Operating Systems.
- requirements generation, version control, task distribution, validation and verification
- Computer parallel bus architectures
- Experience with Error Detection and correction techniques (EDAC)
- Mass memory (onboard solid-state recorder) system architectures, data and file management
- Direct memory access techniques
- Serial data links; Space-wire, RS232/RS422, Ethernet, I2C, CAN etc. • Wireless data links: WIFI, Bluetooth, Zigbee etc.
- The ability to work with students as a mentor.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-08-2022
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant