Lecturer in Programming and Computer Science
Department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications – Faculty of Informatics
Deadline: 30 Sep 2022
Start date: January or February 2023 / By mutual agreement
Job type: full-time | part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position: Lecturer in Programming and Computer Science
Number of open positions: 1 for full-time / part-time employment is possible
Working Hours: full-time (40 hours per week), part-time (at least 20 hours per week)
Expected start: January or February 2023 / By mutual agreement
Salary: CZK 58 000/month
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2022
Job description keypoints
- Tutoring of cybersecurity at Bachelor’s and Master’s degree levels with possible extension to programing and programming skills and software engineering.
- Preparing, running and coordinating hands-on seminars as part of the teaching duties.
- Development and support of a homework assignment submission and auto-grading system.
- Taking part in preparation, realization, and evaluation of exams.
- Continuous improvement of personal teaching skills.
The successful candidate must have
- a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related discipline;
- a passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
- experience, in cybersecurity and/or software engineering;
- an ability to work well as a team member or leader;
- fluent Czech or Slovak language skills.
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at Lecturer in Programming and Computer Science. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission.
Further information is available:
In April 2021 the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, successfully completed the Initial Phase and has been successfully certificated by the European Commission. In line with its commitment to involve, in area of human resources, the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, the Faculty has been constantly working on HR Excellence in Research Award (HRS4R).