The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the Project assistant
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: part-time, 20 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable concerning immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 15 July 2022 or until the position is filled
RECETOX is the European Centre of Excellence in Environmental Health Science and a coordinator of EIRENE, the new ESFRI infrastructure for human exposome research in Europe. Supported by the EU Horizon 2020 Teaming project (2020-2026) it develops ambitious research and education programs in a close partnership with University College London and ETH Zurich. It studies toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assesses the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Moreover, the RECETOX also hosts a capacity building unit (Stockholm Convention Regional Centre) supporting legislative, institutional and knowledge improvements related to chemicals management in non-EU countries.
For a four-year project, we are looking for administrative support with good communication skills to support daily work on
- coordination and collaboration across seven countries (Armenia, Kazakhstan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Georgia, North Macedonia and Montenegro)
- organizational and logistical issues including contracting and planning with local partners
- project management and support
- administration associated with project deliverables and outputs
Requirements for this position
- English at the B2/C1 level
- Russian, ideally at least B2 level in both written and spoken form
- good communication skills and work experience in a multinational environment
- good analytical skills and efficient approach to problem-solving
- attention to detail
- experience in administrative work is an asset
- job in a prestigious research institute with international impact and cooperation.
- Dynamic and multinational environment.
- Space for personal and professional growth, the possibility of further training and education.
- Active use of English daily, knowledge of Czech is not mandatory, but an asset.
- Employee benefits (calculated on full-time job): 6 weeks holiday, meal allowance in the form of a meal voucher, unlimited coffee available, pension allowance, Multisport card, discounts on MU language courses and university libraries, advantageous Vodafone mobile tariffs, etc.
- Place of work in a modern workplace on the Bohunice University campus with good transport accessibility.
Applicants should provide the following information in English:
- CV (European standard recommended)
The deadline is June 15, 2022, or until the position is filled. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the EU Charter and Code for Researchers principles. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
RECETOX Centre operates the state-of-the-art Research Infrastructure of accredited laboratories, longitudinal environmental monitoring programs and population cohorts, and information systems openly accessible to the international research community. It hosts multiple research teams in five interdisciplinary research programs and two accredited study programs (Environmental Health Sciences and Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels). It employs over 300 people of 25 nationalities working on more than 65 ongoing projects and publishing 200 scientific publications per year. RECETOX attracts top EU grants and has a nearly 10 million Euros annual budget.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
Visit our Career page.