Lecturer in Sport Nutrition
School of Health & Life Sciences
Lecturer in Sport Nutrition (AC2)
Salary: £37,467 - £44,706 per annum
Full time, Permanent
Lecturer in Sport Nutrition
We are seeking applications to join the Division of Sport and Exercise as a Lecturer in Sport Nutrition. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community, deliver modern and innovative teaching and lead impactful research.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Masters qualification in sport science, nutrition or a closely relate discipline
- Previous experience of teaching and assessing student learning in higher education
- Experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching
- Evidence of engagement in research activity
- Commitment to supporting an outstanding student experience
We are particularly keen to speak to candidates who have:
- Current registration with the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr)
- A doctorate qualification (or close to completion)
- A qualification in teaching and learning in higher education and/or Advance HE Fellowship
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Research supervision experience at undergraduate or postgraduate level
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The Division of Sport and Exercise currently deliver a range of programmes at our recently developed Ayr and Lanarkshire campuses. Academic staff within the Division contribute to the research activities of the Institute of Clinical Exercise and Health Science who have been recognised as the highest-ranked Sport and Exercise Science research institute in Scotland and within the top 75 worldwide in the Shanghai rankings. Areas of research focus include coach development and education, digital health, healthy ageing, the female athlete, sport nutrition, paediatric physical activity and sport science, sport psychology, and team sport performance. Find out more about our Division of Sport and Exercise.
The Division of Sport and Exercise sits within the School of Health and Life Sciences which collectively delivers a diverse range of programmes at our Lanarkshire, Paisley, Ayr and London campuses. The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare, life, and sport sciences sectors. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: 27th June
Interview Date: w/c 4th or 11th July
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.