School of Business and Creative Industries
MBA Supervisors (11 posts)
AC2: £37,467 - £44,706 per annum (Pro rata) + London Weighting Allowance
0.3FTE (10 hours per week), Permanent
THE POST – MBA Supervisor
UWS School of Business and Creative Industries has successfully and significantly grown its MBA cohorts at the London campus. We offer MBA pathways in Leadership, Digital Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain and Banking and Finance.
As a result of this, we are continuing to make a significant investment in academic posts to support both our students and our strategic development, helping to further position the School as a key player locally, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Marketing, Innovation, Tourism and Events Division as MBA Supervisors. Duties will include supervising students, providing academic guidance on their Masters level dissertations/projects and marking the submitted project. Supervisory meetings will take place both on campus and online. You’ll be joining us at a very exciting time in our development and would become part of a dedicated team offering support and guidance to our students.
We are seeking to appoint supervisors and markers in the following areas:
- Business and Management
- Banking and Finance
- Digital Marketing
- International Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Experience in supervising and marking MBA students
- Masters level qualification
- Practical experience in industry
- Experience if online learning and hybrid delivery of learning and teaching experiences
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Higher Education Fellowship
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Business & Creative Industries at UWS is a vibrant community, delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating team, where you will be part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Students benefit from our strong links with industry, and the world-class research that underpins our courses, delivered on each of our five campuses and through many partners across the globe. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries in the first instance, can be made to Lorraine Quinn, Head of Division, by email to: email@example.com
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: 21 June 2022
Interview Date: 20 & 26 July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.