Instructor, Data Literacy Programme
The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the position of Teaching Assistant/Instructor/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, for the Data Literacy Programme (DLP). The Data Literacy Programme (DLP) is catered to administrative employees of NUS. Successful candidates are expected to commit to two years of full-time service. More details about the position is provided below.
- Development of Teaching Material
- Development of eLearning Videos
- Design of assessment tasks
- Facilitation of classroom discussion
- Learner consultation
- Supervision of group projects
- Helping with academic related services
- Qualification: Bachelor or Masters or PhD degree, in data science or statistics or similar.
- Teaching experience or working experience in a similar capacity is desirable but not essential.
- Able to convey information in a clear, concise and interesting manner
- Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team and manage groups at the undergraduate level
- Be able to start work from 1 April 2022, full-time for a period of at least 2 years.
- Competency in R Programming
- Competency in Data Visualization Techniques
- Competency in Machine Learning Techniques
- Competence in interpreting and communicating numerical information.
- Interest in academic interaction with adults from all disciplines.
- Being proactive and reflective about teaching practice.
Your application package should comprise the following.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- If available, evidence of effective teaching; e.g. student feedback and evaluations
- Teaching Philosophy: A statement of teaching philosophy, including goals and approaches
- Teaching History: A summary of modules taught (if applicable)
- Three Reference Letters.
Please submit above items 1 to 6. For item 7, we will provide instructions to successful candidates.
With effect from 15 January 2022, all workers need to be fully vaccinated in order to enter their workplaces.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the President
Department : Data Literacy Program
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11870