Research Associate, Department of Analytics and Operations
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join us at NUS Business Analytics Labs to develop data intensive high-performance applications. You should be comfortable with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud.
Container orchestration will be plus.
- Responsible for the research and development and iteration of scenario recommendation algorithm, including retrieval, coarse ranking, precise ranking, and re-ranking, etc., to improve user experience and revenue
- Implement federated recommender systems to preserve privacy with differential privacy and other data privacy-preserving methods
- Analyze business data and formulate corresponding recommendation strategies
- Communicate with relevant business teams and participate in the assessment and implementation of business needs.
- Create MLFlow pipelines to deploy, monitor and conduct user experiments using larger deep learning models
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or Operations Research
- Solid algorithmic skills and excellent coding ability in Python, PyTorch/tensorflow framework and SQL
- Familiar with various retrieval algorithms, Click-through Rate/Conversion Rate estimation, re-ranking models, etc.
- Able to understand the business in depth, grasps concepts easily and is sensitive to data.
- At least 3 years of algorithm development experience in recommendation, search, and advertising, working experience in e-commerce is preferred
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Goal-oriented, proactive, and able to execute projects effectively good communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Familiarity with NLP is preferred. Should be comfortable using machine learning and deep learning approaches to recommender systems and NLP.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Business
Department : Analytics And Operations
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 13962
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.