Research Associate, Communications in Asia Research Institute
Asia Research Institute
The Asia Research Institute (ARI) was established as a University-level institute in July 2001 as one of the strategic initiatives of the National University of Singapore (NUS). Our mission is to provide a world-class focus and resource for research on the Asian region, located at one of its communication hubs. ARI research engages important challenges facing the region and wider worlds, ranging from migration and child health to ageing and care ethics, to the governance of transboundary haze.
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Institute Research Assistant/Associate (Communications and Content Management), to disseminate the work of our researchers.
The position will involve developing and executing the Institute’s communication strategy, especially through the creation, operation and maintenance of online and social media platforms. You will work closely with ARI staff to highlight and communicate the Institute’s work and to oversee digital initiatives to make our research findings accessible to the wider public in Singapore and internationally. In addition, you will be responsible for rewriting content for different audiences such as through Twitter, Facebook, conference reports and researcher profiles. The role will also involve journal co-ordination work.
- The applicant should possess a Masters, Honours degree or equivalent in the Social Sciences or Humanities or Media and Communications. He/She should have the following:
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills (English Language).
- Ability to edit and write proficiently for an academic and general audience.
- Experience in official content management for social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook pages, Wordpress/Medium), website and database content creation and management.
- Be creative, intellectually curious and proactive.
- General interest in current affairs and issues related to Asia.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 500 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for an interview.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asia Research Institute
Department : Research