Research Engineer, Video Understanding
A Research Engineer position is available in the research group of Asst Prof Mike Z. Shou, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The Research Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) on one or more research projects about video understanding.
The successful candidate will contribute to:
- To prepare and meet the project deliveries and milestones.
- Conduct the research data collection and annotation.
- Conduct research on video understanding and creation including model design, implementation, evaluation, system development, paper writing and presentation.
- Possess a Bachelor degree or above in electrical engineering, computer science or related fields
- Publication records in AI conferences like CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, AAAI, ICLR, IJCAI.
- Strong programming skills in using Deep Learning tools like PyTorch and GPU clusters.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15123