Professional Skills Tutor
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Student Support - Learning Support
Contract Type Permanent
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will support and develop our post graduate students via a range of contact methods in order to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for them to enhance their professional development and future employability.
You will be passionate about delivering the best student experience possible, drawing upon your knowledge and experience in order to provide tailored support and training to students to ensure they are fully prepared and confident to successfully demonstrate their attractiveness to the employment market.
You will motivate students to take advantage of a range of ongoing development opportunities as their masters degree progresses, whilst monitoring their performance via the provision of ongoing data, with the overall aim of ensuring each student is able to maximise their potential .
The role will be on a Hybrid/Flexible working contract. The successful candidate will be required to come into the office at least 2x per week.
- Provide a structured and appropriate professional skills development journey for students enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Engage and motivate students, providing excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Provide mentoring, support and guidance to students to ensure they are progressing and benefiting from a range of Professional Skills Development and Employability opportunities
- Communicate effectively with students and actively encourage engagement with their programmes using resources available, providing help and guidance to keep them on track
- Deliver face to face and online seminars / facilitate coaching sessions / present workshops to support professional development and employability skills
- Work alongside the Placements Officer to provide proactive and reactive support to students requiring additional skills development and support towards their placement.
- Support and encourage students to ensure that they fully complete all aspects of the Professional Development Programme
- Provide pastoral and learning support to students where appropriate, acting as a referral to specialist services as required
- Maintain accurate administration records to enable value adding data analysis, tracking of student progress and accurate reporting
- Effectively undertaking any other duties as required
Department School of Business - Postgraduate & Professional Programmes
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- A student-centric, service culture attitude
- Experience of designing and delivering professional training sessions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to provide appropriate feedback to students against defined standards
- Ability to hold professional and developmental review meetings and set realistic objectives
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Experience of designing and delivering professional training / coaching sessions
- First degree or professional qualification in a management, professional development or HR related discipline
- Professional coaching qualification and/or accreditation, or willing to work towards
- Experience of the STAR model and SWOT analysis
- Experience of coaching and mentoring professional managers
- Practitioner experience in a management rolee
Contract Hours 37.50