Cluster Hiring in DOSE, SUSTech
1. Overview of SUSTech
Shenzhen, also known as The Great Eagle City, is China’s first Special Economic Zone and recognized as the driving force for the reforming and opening up of the Chinese economy over the past thirty-forty years. In 2017, Shenzhen was selected by the Chinese Government to develop into one of the International Ocean Cities in China.
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech） is a public research university established in 2011, funded by Shenzhen Municipality. Widely regarded as a pioneer and innovator in collectively moving China’s higher education forward to match China’s growing role in the international arena, SUSTech aspires to become a globally-renowned university that contributes significantly to the advancement of science and technology by excelling in interdisciplinary research, nurturing creative future leaders and creating knowledge for the world. More information can be found in website: http://www.sustech.edu.cn.
2. Overview of DOSE
The Department of Ocean Science and Engineering (DOSE) was founded in December 2015, aiming to build a team of high quality and international faculty，an “Into the deep ocean” scientific research platform, an international research program in Oceanography, and an internationally leading center in Ocean Engineering. Our long-term vision is to station in Shenzhen, devote our research to the three oceans of the globe!
Research areas in Ocean Science include Marine Geophysics/Geology (Solid), Physical Oceanography (Liquid) and Microbial Oceanography/Biogeochemistry etc. Those in Ocean Engineering include Offshore and Coastal Engineering, Offshore Energy & Resource and Ocean Acoustic & Fiber Technology etc.
Until late August 2021, DOSE has 25 faculty staff, including 7 Chair Professors, 2 Professors, 3 Associate Professor and 13 Assistant Professors. Our plan is to increase the number to 40 within a short period of time.
3. Ocean Science & Faculty Openings
We plan to appoint a Chair Professor in Physical Oceanography (Liquid), and about 10 Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in all fields in Ocean Science.
4. Ocean Engineering & Faculty Openings
Ocean Engineering is a strategic discipline for development in DOSE and SUSTech. We plan to appoint over 10 faculty staff at all levels including Assistant/Associate/Full/Chair Professors in the following areas:
- Structural engineering
- Coastal and ocean dynamics
- Wind engineering
- Wave-structure interaction
- Ocean renewable energy
- Ocean resources and mining engineering
- Ocean acoustics & other techniques
- Ocean engineering equipment
- Ocean engineering surveying
- Ocean disasters
5. Remuneration & Start-up Packages
I. Income and Benefits
1. Globally competitive (including US & HK) salary
2. Apartment inside campus (depending on remaining apartment quantity) or housing allowance of leasing outside;
3. Social Insurance：Retirement insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, industrial injury insurance, maternity insurance and housing accumulation funds. Special health insurance negotiable.
4. Shenzhen living subsides and other living subsidies according to your talent level.
II. Lab space no less than 150 square meters.
III. SUSTech start-up fund of CNY 1 million and other research funds according to your talent level.
6. How to apply
Candidates must have a proven and consistent track record of high-quality scientific publications, good communication skills and relevant teaching experience corresponding to their stages of career. English are required languages for teaching.
To apply, please submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com: 1) Cover letter; 2) Curriculum vitae (with a complete list of publications); 3) Statement of research, including justification of your suitability for being a faculty member in DOSE and your future research plan; 4) Statement of teaching, including your teaching philosophy and teaching interests; 5) Paper recitation results; and 6) 3-5 recommendation letters by tutor and international renowned scholars.
All applications will be considered shortly after received and offers will be made to those who are qualified.
Apply for Cluster Hiring in DOSE, SUSTech
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China