Teaching Assistant, Music
The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, National University of Singapore, offers a unique and adventurous 21st century Asian environment in which we train and educate performers, composers and recording engineers to take advantage of future professional and artistic opportunities both in Singapore and in the world. The Conservatory is distinctively international in terms of its faculty, student population and artistic outlook. Our mission is to be a focal point for musical activity, artistic development and research, both for Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Conservatory is seeking a full-time Teaching Assistant in the area of Voice. The initial term of appointment shall be for one year (renewable). The successful candidate is expected to have at least a Masters or good Honours degree in Music and a proven record as a musician. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will embrace the Conservatory’s commitment to the highest standards in higher education musical training, research and teaching.
Responsibilities of the appointment include:
- Teaching the Diction for Singers courses, 1 each semester
- Supervision and instruction of Secondary Voice Students
- Coaching advanced diction for upper classmen
- Assisting the Head of Vocal Studies in instruction of Young Artists and Year 1 and 2 students
- Assisting in the planning and production of large-scale projects for the Voice department
- Coordinating outreach projects for the department
- Vocal and language coach for Chamber Singers
- Assume solo duties as required by the department
- Masters or Honours degree in Music Familiarity and experience with conservatory level instruction
- Ability to demonstrate classical singing at a very high level
- Exceptional language skills in Italian, English, German and French with a thorough knowledge of IPA and the rules of its application for singers
- Ability to develop and teach conservatory level classes independently
- Ability to develop curriculum and provide instruction for Secondary Voice students
- Ability to assist the Head of Vocal Studies in duties as assigned
Please submit in ONE PDF FILE a cover letter sharing your perceptions of value in relation to the above, a curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references. The cover letter should detail how your professional experiences would suit the Conservatory’s needs. Enquiries about the position can be sent to Professor Alan Bennett
For best consideration, applications should be received by 7 June 2022.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
Department : Dean's Office (YST Conservatory of Music)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15100