Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs - Clinical Affairs
The Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs oversees the Office of Clinical Affairs for the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), creates, and maintains affiliation agreements in addition to the clinical practice area of academic faculty.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
This role is expected to :
- Contribute to the formulation of the CMHS’s strategy, as well as annual academic plans.
- Contribute to development of the CMHS’s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall objectives of the University, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and standards and promoting of leading practices and educational excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the department budgets; monitor the performance of budgets and report on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Manage, mentor and direct staff.
- Coordinate all cooperative programs, including teach, research and service arrangements, with local and international health networks, hospitals, clinics and allied health providers.
- Manages the relationships with clinical staff from affiliate hospitals, clinics and health network who are responsible for teaching and research activity of the university.
- Manage the partnerships with local and international leaders and healthcare providers to assess and address the needs of the community.
- Coordinate policies of the relevant examination, licensing and accreditation authorities (e.g. USMLE, NBME, AAMC, and others).
- The primary responsibilities associated with this role includes the following:
- Oversight and development of clinical services and educational sites, clinical teaching staff and education support services.
- Ensures that all academic programs conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates.
- Assists in the development of residency training programs and continuing medical education.
- Develops adjunct clinical faculty affiliations and medical service models, including clinical support services for the faculty.
- Recruit and incentivize adjunct faculty physicians to serve in teaching and mentorship roles for students.
- Create and maintain all adjunct faculty agreements.
- Oversee the evaluation of all clinical affairs staff. Assess the quality or and the effectiveness of individual clinical faculty’s teaching (full time and adjunct) teaching and provide ongoing feedback and create learning opportunities to support and train faculty.
- Promotes clinical research development and business development planning for the clinical practice.
- Develop and coordinate workshops, seminars and other programs that will benefit the clinical community, patient care providers and patients.
- Represents the Dean on institutional and university committees when needed, advices the Dean in areas of clinical services, and represents the institution to a wide range of external constituents.
- Create and maintain affiliation agreements with clinical sites and hospitals. Meet regularly with the administrative and clinical leaders to ensure their needs are managed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to Khalifa University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Coordinate the dissemination of information among administration, faculty and students at all clinical sites.
- Works collaboratively with the other Associate Deans of the CMHS to ensure compliance to relevant policies and strategic plans of Khalifa University.
- Serves on and/or represents the Dean on University and College Committees as appropriate.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Dean.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of a medical degree (MD or MBBS) from a pre-eminent university is essential.
- Completion of a graduate degree in a biomedical science related field will be an advantage.
- Completion of at least seven years of relevant academic experience, with at least two years in an administrative academic role.
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research and service at a level commensurate of an Associate or Full Professor in a biomedical science discipline.
- Associate or Full Professor with a minimum of 8 years of responsible education related experience in leading and successfully managing educational programs in a university including 5 years of teaching experience at the level of Associate or Full Professor in higher education.
- Strong record in teaching and research reflecting academic excellence.
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Some experience in health care management will be viewed favorably.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that is sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Familiarity or experience within academia in the Middle East will be an advantage.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Associate Dean
Job Type: Full-time