Research Assistant, Parkinson's Disease Research Clinic
- Full time, fixed-term position until March 2023
- Great opportunity for an administration expert to join a growing clinical research and trials group, providing their expertise to patients and clinicians
- Base Salary $78,077 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Research Assistant (0091267), based in the Brain and Mind Centre, provides administration support to the Parkinson's Disease Research Clinic (PDRC).
The Parkinson's Disease Research Clinic is a research-based facility that strives to develop better patient care and family support for people living with Parkinson's Disease and related disorders. Our research investigates the causes underlying many of the problems faced by people living with these conditions. We hope a better understanding of these symptoms will improve quality of life. In addition, we have specific studies addressing novel treatment and diagnostic approaches.
This role will be responsible for liaising with allied health professionals and communication with patients, as well as undertaking general administrative tasks to support the program director.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- schedule appointments for patients and research participants via phone and email
- complete any required follow up with patients and participants post-appointments
- general reception and research administration duties of the PDRC, including filing, preparing and maintaining medical records
- liaise with allied health professionals, internal and external stakeholders to resolve patient and clinician queries
- assist with performing clinical assessments such as sensory and cognitive testing, where required
- assist with the data entry of research and clinical trial participant assessments.
To be successful for this role, you:
- have strong administration experience gained in a tertiary or medical background
- are able to take initiative and work autonomously towards achieving the goals of the clinic
- have great written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders through different communications channels such as phones and email
- are able to manage competing priorities
- have developed data entry skills and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suites (particularly Excel)
- have great attention to detail and understanding of patient privacy/confidentiality.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 07 June 2022 11:59 PM