L3 Network Engineer
Department: Data and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science
Deadline: 10 Jun 2022
Start date: Dle domluvy
Job type: full-time | part-time
Job field: IS/IT: Consultations, analyzes | IS/IT: Systems and HW administration
We are the Institute of Computer Science MU. We are dedicated to quality research, operations and development across the entire IT. Our Data and Technical Networks team manages the largest university network in Brno. More than 25,000 students and 6,000 university staff depend on our work, including researchers and academics who are leaders in their fields.
Manage a network of thousands of active elements. Learn how to use the latest network technologies, including tools for advanced automation. Bring your ideas to the table and turn them into reality. You can do anything with us. Join ICS MU as an L3 Network Engineer.
With us you can work on:
- Developing the university's metropolitan area network on CISCO, JUNIPER technologies (switches, routers, APs).
- Managing security and firewalls on CISCO, Juniper, Fortinet and Linux platforms
- L2/L3 Support - and resolving requirements in the respective areas of R&S, Wireless and Datacenter
- Ensuring the security of operations in collaboration with CSIRTMU's world-class cybersecurity team
- Delivering IT development projects with the possibility of custom themes
- Scripting in Python, implementing network automation and monitoring tools
You'll fit in with us if
- You have a general overview of IT especially in datacenter, cloud solutions and IT security.
- You are communicative, like coming up with new ideas and want to put them into practice independently.
- You are interested in creating your own tools for managing and monitoring network environments.
- You have already encountered BGP, MPLS, OSPF routing protocols and have a working knowledge of IPv6.
- You know how to configure switches, firewalls, WiFi, virtual infrastructure.
- You have or want to develop a communicative level of English.
It is an advantage if you have
- Experience in a similar position - computer network administration, L3 support, network architect
- Knowledge of software at administrator level (Microsoft products, VMWARE, Open Stack, Linux, Fortigate)
- Experience with scripting in a network environment, knowledge of Python and Ansible programming
- Knowledge of wireless networking and WiFi controller management
- Flexibility: flexible hours, ability to work from Home Office two days a week
- Growth: you'll learn an incredible amount of new things with us, working with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
- Full-time or part-time cooperation, starting the following month or upon agreement. 50 to 70 thousand crowns per month (depending on experience, including bonuses). Fixed-term contract. 6 weeks of vacation. Working laptop and phone is a matter of course.
- Multisport card, employee programme at the Scala cinema, pension contribution, meal allowance.
- Personal development opportunities.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work in a top IT scientific and educational institution? Then send us your CV and become a part of ICS MU.