Lecturer, Blockchain Enabled Business
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. We’re global in footprint and even more importantly, we’re global in mindset. We’re committed to making a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University with 700 staff and 7,000 students, in three locations, and recently awarded one of the Best Companies to work for in Asia 2020. From a media perspective RMIT Vietnam enjoys a 40% share of voice in the sector. It brings a world-class education and globalised study environment to the heart of Asia, offering programs in business, technology, communication, design, fashion and English language. It boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to innovate and network globally.
Degrees are awarded by RMIT in Australia and taught in English, enabling Vietnamese students (and visiting international students) the opportunity to receive an international education without having to leave home.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Over the last twenty years, RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to challenge, create, and think outside the box.
- Department of Economics and Finance (Economics, Finance, Accounting & Law)
- Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance)
The Lecturer is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below.
- PhD in your related field.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of your related subject areas.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery and, the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
To be considered for a position at RMIT Vietnam in our School of Business and Management, you will need to be able to meet the following research criteria:
- For candidates with a PhD awarded more than 5 years ago: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 4 peer reviewed journal articles, of which 2 must be ranked as Scimago Q1 or ABDC A*/A and the remaining as Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded between the last 3-5 years: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 2-peer reviewed journal articles, of which 1 must be ranked as Q1/A and one at Q2/B.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3 years although there is no requirement of peer reviewed journal articles for publication, you will be expected to have a strong research focus and plan for research before joining RMIT Vietnam.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We accept applications throughout the year.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
23 thg 6 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.