THE POST – STUDENT ASSISTANT
The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) have an exciting opportunity for a Student Assistant to support an established and welcoming team with an exciting vision for the future! We are seeking a customer focused Student Assistant to work as part of the London Campus Administration team. The successful candidate will have a vital role in providing high quality administrative support to enhance the student experience and ensure that students have an easy transition to the University.
The successful candidate should have:
• Relevant customer service or reception experience
• Intermediate IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel, email and internet use
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to pass on and receive accurate information to both staff and students
• A friendly and approachable manner, with a strong customer focus
• Ideally worked in an educational environment and with a diverse range of people.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. With drive, enthusiasm and tenacity you will be accustomed to operating within a busy environment.
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
Our reach across the country, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
• 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
• 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
• A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
• Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
• Fitness facilities across our campuses
• Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Interviews will be held: 22 June 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.