Research Assistant, OR / EID / MCMJ1
The Signature Research Programme in Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) aims to pioneer the development and discovery of new and more effective methods for the treatment, prevention and control of new and emerging pathogens. The key outcome of the research will be the early identification of new pathogens, out of which new diagnostic tests, treatments and control strategies will be developed.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of research activities which include planning, organising and conducting research studies within the overall scope of research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and his/her designate, including but not limited to the following: -
- Perform tasks and support all aspects of the research project.
- Conduct accurate monitoring, documenting and reporting of experimental results and/or research findings.
- Assist researchers in data analysis and literature review in various research projects.
- Contribute to project management, presentations and publications of research work.
- Assist with general upkeep of laboratory needs, maintain safety protocols, provide technical support and establish work procedures to ongoing research projects.
- Opportunity to interact with key personnel in Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Biochemistry with an aptitude for research and 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Entry level candidates interested in modern pharmaceutical research are welcome to apply.
- Have interest in developing therapeutics against emerging infectious diseases.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written, oral communication and computer skills
- Prior knowledge in cell and molecular biology would be advantageous.
- A team player who is open-minded, energetic, highly motivated and can work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team and diverse workforce
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.