- Full time, continuing position
- Exciting opportunity to join the Facilities team at the University
- Base salary $127,176 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
This Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the management and operation of allocated University facilities and ensuring that they operate at the optimum requirements and specifications to support the academic endeavours and research outcomes. This role will report into a Senior Facilities Manager. The Facilities supervisor will have detailed knowledge about all activities (maintenance, Minor Works Projects and services) being provided within facilities and will ensure that the services within these facilities is at its optimum level.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the buildings from a holistic infrastructure, services and building fabric perspective within agreed budgets whilst aligning with the key stakeholders expectations
- managing both hard and soft services, management of contractors
- ensure that building engineering services through external services provider and performs the required contractor management where required
- regularly meet with University stakeholders, to determine their infrastructure requirements and manage their expectations
- work collaboratively with the Central Operations Team including Senior Project Managers
- significantly contribute to the development of maintenance and major minor capital works programs in order to ensure that these are carried out with minimal disruptions to stakeholders
- support the Technical team in the management of Preventative, Corrective, and Reactive work requests
- manage resources and improve the quality of work including coordinating activities, budgets, facilities and other resources
- extensive experience in facilities management
- experience working in a cross functional team environment
- knowledge and experience in working with capital works, infrastructure and development projects
- significant experience in managing the facilities and engineering of buildings
- strong experience in subcontractor management
- .available on call and to work rostered nights
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 11:59 PM