Instructor, Artificial Intelligence, Information Systems
Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE) is the executive education arm of the NUS School of Computing (SoC). The mission of ACE is to educate leaders and executives in exploiting relevant digital technology in transforming business and society.
ACE invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full-time teaching position at the Instructor level to teach Artificial Intelligence (AI) related courses that are offered to adult learners from within the University and the general public. An attractive remuneration package consisting of the following components would be offered to successful candidates:
- Competitive salary that commensurates with educational qualification and relevant experience
- Subsidy on tuition fee to pursue an approved postgraduate degree that is offered by SoC
- Healthcare and other fringe benefits
Successful candidates are expected to be trained by faculty members from SoC to conduct classroom teaching (face-to-face and online) for these courses on a full-time basis. Successful candidates are also expected to assist in the production of teaching and learning materials such as video lectures, provide project consultations, and perform course administrative tasks. A typical career progression beyond the focal Instructor position would be a Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, etc., if the candidate goes on to complete a Ph.D. degree while holding an Instructor position in this teaching role.
Multiple positions are available and shortlisted candidates would be arranged to attend a preliminary interview on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates who have successfully advanced to the next round of selection would be invited to perform demonstration teaching on a suitable AI topic.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and knowledge:
- A recognised Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other relevant disciplines such as Statistics and Mathematics
- Candidates with a recognised Bachelor’s degree and relevant working experience in AI are also welcomed to apply and may be appointed at the Teaching Assistant level initially
- Good theoretical knowledge and technical skillset of AI including data engineering, machine learning and data pipeline
- Knowledge of deep learning and working with unstructured data (e.g., text, audio, image and video) is advantageous
- Familiarity with an AI programming language such as Python and R
- Familiarity with using a visual AI tool such as RapidMiner Studio, Azure Machine Learning Studio or Orange is advantageous
- Familiarity with AI project workflow such as CRISP-DM (CRoss-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining)
- Prior teaching experience in relevant subjects to AI is advantageous
- Prior relevant working experience in AI-related projects or job roles is advantageous
- Good written and verbal English communication
- Good organisational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Information Systems And Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No