Research Contracts and Administration Support Officer
- Opportunity to leverage and grow your skills in contracts administration and analysis
- Full time, fixed term until 30th December 2024
- $89,759 to $96,764+ 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As a Research Contracts & Administration Support Officer, you will support the end-to-end management and administration of agreements for funding of research and professional contracts, grants, tenders, and fellowships.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work within the Post Award grants management team in the Research Portfolio
- ensure the completion of assigned contracts, grants and fellowship in a timely manner
- take responsibility for university-wide administrative processes and procedures
- build trusting relationships within a complex network of cross-University environments
- collaborate with members of Research Operations to systematically review administrative procedures.
- experience in research and grant funding administration, ideally within the higher education sector
- experience in managing a high-volume administrative environment with strict deadlines
- the ability to plan, prioritise, and organise your own workload
- ability to interpret policy and provide support using your own body of knowledge and experience
- knowledge of national and international research funding opportunities, processes, and policies
- well-developed customer service skills and experience and can work independently under broad direction.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 07 June 2022 11:59 PM