Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Student Support - Careers Service
Contract Type Permanent
Supporting and providing students with remarkable Career Guidance
With your experience of working within a University Careers Service, you will be responsible for supporting and providing BPP students with outstanding career guidance. You will work within an employability strategy for the delivery of effective, targeted, and innovative careers provision designed to engage with students and contributing to measurable and successful graduate outcomes. Through providing one-to-one support and guidance you will help cultivate students who are confident and ready to take the next step on their career path.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering interventions to enable students and learners to acquire the skills, knowledge and techniques needed to secure graduate level employment or promotion and to be able to reflect on and articulate these skills to potential employers
- Building relationships with graduate employers and other institutions to support this work
- Providing a full range of careers guidance activities to all BPP students and learners, including one-to-one support, workshops, and presentations
- Researching and delivering career sessions online and face to face
- Contributing professional input to the development of online careers service resources, using CareerHub and the Hub and online platforms
- Undertaking individual project-based work, supporting enhancements, collaborating with the Pro Bono Centre team, and securing the status of BPP Employability Service among stakeholders
- Promoting the service to potential students through open days, to current staff and students, and to employers
Choose a better work-life balance
You’ll benefit from a vibrant workplace and a culture that believes in looking after others, while being part of a diverse workforce where difference is celebrated. In addition, you’ll work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion progress, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where creativity and innovation is rewarded. On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes retail discounts, Group Personal Pension Plan, dedicated healthcare, and dental plans that offer additional assurance to look after you and your family. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP’s courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands, and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Please refer to attached Job Description.
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
What we're looking for
- Educated to degree level and with the Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Education, Information and Guidance or similar qualification.
- Experience of working within a university Careers Service, careers guidance services or graduate recruitment, together with an understanding of the relevant recruitment markets and selection practices of employers
- Experience working with EU and international students.
- Experience of delivering services on a one-to-one basis as well as to small and large groups, both in-person and online.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets within deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure to manage your own workload.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce clear and concise written and oral reports.
- Understanding of the need to learn, share knowledge, and build relationships within a team.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in working with a variety of online platforms, including ideally CareerHub.
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills.
Evening work will be required occasionally, and weekend work very occasionally.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Careers Consultant - JD London 2022.pdf (138 Kb)