Lecturer, Artificial Intelligence
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SSET)
The School of Science, Engineering & Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the STEM College of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)
- Master of Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Cyber Security
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
When you join our SSET Team Lecturer Artificial Intelligence, you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on this link
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment
- Proven teaching proficiency, curriculum development, and research record in:
- Data Analytics and Predictive Analytics.
- Machine Learning including Deep Learning.
- Statistics and Engineering Mathematics.
- Understanding of applications of AI as applied in contemporary health, science, technology, engineering.
- Recognised research profile including substantial record of research outputs in high quality journals.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- Culturally adept and agile.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance from US$6,000 to US$10,000 per staff; Educational support up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
11 thg 6 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.