Associate Dean of Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Student Affairs - Student Affairs CMHS
The Associate Dean for Student Affairs, implements activities that:
- complement and enhance the academic, clinical, community service and research programs of College of Medicine and Health Sciences,
- enriches the experience and development of the medical students, and
- Promotes a professional, supportive, and inclusive learning environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the formulation of the College of Medicine and Health Science’s (CMHS) strategy, as well as annual academic plans.
- Contribute to development of the CMHS’s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall objectives of the University, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and standards and promoting of leading practices and educational excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the department budgets; monitor the performance of budgets and report on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Contribute to the management and mentoring of staff of the department.
The primary responsibilities of the role includes the following:
- Plans and implements CMHS strategic plan.
- Supports CMHS degree and non-degree programs.
- Participates in accreditation processes for CMHS medical education program by the relevant accreditation authorities.
- Prepares reports for federal and local government agencies, accrediting bodies, and other external agencies.
- Reviews, updates and enforces policies and procedures contained in the CMHS Medical Student Handbook.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Office of Student Services, oversees all strategic and operational aspects of student administration and support programs, including but not limited to:
- Student Affairs Operations
- Student Travel
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Admissions and Recruitment
- Grades and Records
- CMHS Collaborative Programs
- Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Medical Student Counseling and Wellness Center
- Community enagement activities
- Student Organizations and Interest Groups
- Career and Professional Guidance
- Service Learning
- International Study
- Alumni Relations
- Ensures that all students meet the requirements for enrollment in degree or non-degree programs and participation in clinical activities as delineated in affiliation agreements with CMHS clinical partners. These requirements include but are not limited to: - criminal background checks, health screening, immunizations, and verification of good standing.
- Oversees and/or coordinates CMHS events, including but not limited to: Freshman Orientation, the White Coat Ceremony, the Match Ceremony and Reception, the CMHS Research Symposium, Awards Ceremony, the Academic Health Center Commencement, and the CMHS Convocation.
- Maintains the Office of Student Affairs memorabilia, including annual publication of the CMHS Yearbook.
- In collaboration with Khalifa University’s Office of Student Services, provide oversight of CMHS committees, including: the Admissions Committee, Scholarship Committee, the Student Services Committee, the Accommodations Committee, and the Accommodations Committee.
- Coordinates communications with the medical student body as they relate to medical student programs, services, activities, and events.
- Evaluates the efficacy and impact of all programs and services offered through Khalifa University’s Office of Student Services.
- Ensure adherence to Khalifa University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Works collaboratively with the other Associate Deans of the CMHS to ensure compliance to relevant policies and strategic plans of the college.
- Serves on and/or represents the Dean on University and College Committees as appropriate.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Dean.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Medical Degree (MD, MBBS or equivalent) required
- Completed at least eight years of relevant academic experience, with at least two years in an administrative academic role.
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research and service at a level commensurate of an Associate or Full Professor in a biomedical science or biomedical engineering discipline.
- Completion of a degree in management will be viewed favorably.
- Associate or Full Professor with a minimum of 8 years of responsible education related experience in leading and successfully managing educational programs in a university including 5 years of teaching experience at the level of Associate or Full Professor in higher education.
- Strong record in teaching and research reflecting academic excellence.
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Some experience in health care management will be viewed favorably.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that is sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East will be viewed favorably.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Associate Dean
Employee Status: Senior Executive
Job Type: Full-time