Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Fixed-Term | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 5
$72,885 - $80,438 p.a.
People and Culture
Under general direction, assist in producing a timely and accurate payroll by recording all information on the HR/Payroll System in an accurate manner while providing a high level of client service.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Payroll Officer is accountable for
- Assisting the Manager, Payroll in the accurate and timely preparation and processing of the fortnightly payroll for about 4000 people across Australia and provide a high level of client service by:
- Maintaining accurate information in the HR/Payroll System;
- Managing competing priorities and deadlines in a high pressured and complex environment;
- Responding to requests for information, support and advice from clients and other stakeholders on a range of matters including HR/Payroll information and Employee Self Service questions;
- Performing tasks with a high level of attention to detail; including questioning incoming and outgoing information related to payroll for accuracy and reasonableness;
- Maintaining employee records.
- Providing guidance, assistance and training amongst Payroll Officers and to Payroll Assistants on complex system and legislative requirements.
- Liaising with the People & Culture team regarding employment matters such as employee contracts, terminations, remuneration and conditions of service.
- Maintaining confidentiality of the information held by People and Culture.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in a complex and high-pressured payroll environment.
- High level attention to detail and ability to question information for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Demonstrated high level commitment to client service including effective written/oral communication skills.
- High level organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines in a busy and demanding environment.
- Effective problem-solving skills with proven ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement
- Demonstrated ability to operate flexibly in a busy team environment.
- Excellent keyboard skills, with sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Sound working knowledge of Ascender Pay.
- Understanding of employment practices and employee entitlements in a University Environment.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59pm:
05 Jun 2022