Department Administrators work in multi-function roles providing administrative support for programme provision and the effective running of an Academic Department. Department Administrators are responsible for delivering a high-quality professional service for staff and students.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the Faculty Administration Team to ensure a high quality, coordinated and efficient support service to students, Head of Department, Course Leads and other Academic Staff; maintaining databases, digital filing and monitoring systems. Liaise with Academic staff in subject area on day-today matters relating to the running of the Academic Department. Provide high quality administrative support to Faculty initiatives supporting student recruitment and student experience and satisfaction.
- Prepare documentation for Examinations and Progress meetings; liaise with Academic Teams, external examiners and Registry with respect to decisions taken at exam boards. Support Academics with monitoring student progression using student record system ‘SITs’. Minute meetings and follow up with actions.
- Liaise with Academic teams and student representatives on matters relating to Student/Staff Forum meetings and Department meetings, actively engaging with both. This includes agenda preparation, meeting invites and minute taking/action tracking.
- Respond to student and staff enquiries/problems promptly, with reference to Faculty and University policies. Prepare general and routine correspondence. Maintain the Faculty’s electronic filing systems, including around Tier 4 compliance Liaise with wider University professional departments with administrative activities including admissions, examinations, student records system ‘SITs’, timetabling, room bookings, student welfare and Tier 4 compliance.
- Support the organisation of Faculty based conferences or events. Carry out general administrative tasks as required in the support of the work of the Faculty, under the direction of the University Academic Business Manager.
- Advise both Faculty Administration Team Manager and Course Leads on issues that need discussion and action.
- Model the University’s core values, ensuring these are embedded in the ethos and activities of the Faculty. Promote equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing for staff and students.