Research Fellow, Functional Gel for Flexible Electronics and Energy Generation
A Research Fellow position is open in the research group of Professor Ho Ghim Wei, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) on one or more research projects such as in the area of “Functional gel for flexible electronics and energy generation”.
- Possess a PhD Degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry & Engineering.
- Experienced in design, synthesis and characterization of advanced functional gels.
- Accomplished in materializing concept of flexible and stretchable electronics for sensing, energy generation and other unique functions.
- Competent in using various materials characterization tools i.e. electronics, spectroscopy, microscopy etc.
- Familiar with the standard nanofabrication tools and processes
- Proficient in using softwares eg. photoshop, 3D max, solidWorks, autoCAD.
- Able to work on materials and system scalability towards practical applications.
- Have well-established and independent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication to publish and present his/her results independently.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13894