Research Assistant, Pharmacy
The successful candidate will work with Professor Christina Chai on the synthesis of bioactive compounds.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage safety and safety admin of the PI’s research lab
- Oversee UROPS and FYP students
- Manage chemical inventory and purchasing within the PI’s group
- Carry out research as directed
Qualifications / Discipline:
BSc(Hons) in Chemistry
- Must be able to carry out synthesis of organic compounds with minimal supervision
- Must be able to carry out purification and characterization of compounds
- Must have good knowledge in organic and analytical chemistry
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills
Research experience in synthetic chemistry (e.g FYP) is an advantage
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 10210